Have you ever visited a website because you want to buy from it, one minute later you discover this store ask you for:
- Sign up
- Give your name and your e-mail
- Think on a new password for this site
- Go to “Hi this is me page”
- Then go to the store
- Click here and click there
- When you finally find what you want to buy from this store no price at all and no information about it at all.
If you are like me, when any site ask me to sign up just to buy from them, give my name and my e-mail and then think on a password, I’m out… I will look for another e-store to buy from.
Make it easy for your client to buy from you.
You are an artist or a crafter and you want to sell what you do on the internet, make it simple, the less steps your clients need to do to buy from you, more sales you will get.
- The minimum of clicks your client needs to do to buy from you, it will be the best.
- Direct link to your store and items
- Include all the information about your products
- Set up your store the right way for your client.
To make it more clear, let’s talk about one store off line.
I remember in my home country (Mexico) but you can find many stores in every country too.
This store sells fabrics:
- You need to drive far to get to this store.
- You need to look for someone to measure and cut each fabric for you.
- This person will write down a note and he or she will give it to you.
- You need to go to the cashier and pay your bill
- You need to walk again to another place in the store to give your paid ticket and get your fabrics.
- You need to drive back to your place.
One good thing about buying from stores like this one is you get your product that same day.
Now lets think about online stores like Amazon or Etsy.
- No matter what time or day it is, an online store is always open.
- When you sign up for the first time you will need to give your name, your e-mail and your password.
- You can browse for what you want to buy from home.
- Once you find it you can read the description and if the description of the product tells you what you need to know about it, and you like it or it is what you want to buy, with just one click you will get on your chart.
- If you need more than one thing, you can go and keep browsing for what you need, every time it will be just one click.
- Once you finish you can finish your buy, pay with your credit card or PayPal and that’s it.
One “Con” about online shopping is you need to wait for your product to be shipped and arrive to your place, but more and more people are getting used to this, and they don’t mind the waiting time.
Your Online Store.
No matter what you do as an artist or as a crafter, there is clients looking to find your product online, just make it simple for them to find you, your store and your product.
If you are thinking to set your own online store on your site, look for the system that is right for you and your client.
If you are not ready yet or you don’t know how to do it, Etsy is a good option, the platform is already ready for you and your product and million of people buy from it every day.
You can read more about these series of post about how to sell more on the internet.
If you have any question about this article, please leave a comment.
Now it’s your turn to tell me, what is your online business?
Free Printable, it’s always a good idea to write down some notes to help you to keep going on your online business, Print as many times as you need this free printable, write down the notes for every step you need to work on, this printable will help you to make it better.
Both printable are the same, just one has more color on it and it will require more ink to be printed, the second printable has the same info but it’s a more friendly printable.
If you don’t have a printer at home, you can make one for your self on a white paper, what it’s important here is, on a paper you can have a plan to work with for your business.
If you want to learn more about affiliate business online, you can join for free (9 days) to Wealthy Affiliate more than 200 K active members are waiting to share their knowledge with you.